Sunday, November 06, 2011

Nerd: an unstylish, unattractive, or socially inept person; especially: one slavishly devoted to intellectual or academic pursuits

For Halloween this year, I dressed up like a nerd. Okay, okay, so I basically went into my suitcase and picked out a bunch of stuff to make a costume. I put tape on my glasses and made my hair goofy. I thought I looked a bit like Violet from "Saved By the Bell."

When I asked my friend's kids, (ages 12 and 10) if I looked like a nerd, they both said, "NO!"
Then, the 12-year old realized it was my costume and said, "Well, I guess you kind of look like a nerd." The 10-year old, (who didn't have the same realization), elbowed his big brother and hissed, "Hey, that's not nice!" He then turned to me and said, "You are PERFECT. Just the way you are. Don't ever let anyone tell you any different!"

It was hilarious, and also the sweetest thing I had heard all day.

2 Comments:

Blogger DADIO said...

So why didn't you tell me that you had started writing again. Glad to see you back on the blog.
Love, DAD

10:49 PM  
Blogger DADIO said...

Wow - what a year, or so.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home