Thursday, January 10, 2008

Scissors aren't allowed through Security... and shouldn't be given to certain people, either!

Have you ever had a haircut from you-know-where?


I hadn't... until yesterday.







It all started when I asked my friend, Christa, to cut my hair so I could donate it to Locks of Love. So, we measured 11 1/2 inches, braided it, and snipped away! And WOW, was it cute, for just cutting it from the top of a ponytail!


The next morning, I went to a salon to just clean it up a bit. That proved to be the biggest mistake in hair history... When asked what I was looking to do w/ my hair, I said, "I'd like to keep the length and the slight A-line cut. It just needs to be cleaned up a bit in the back." I thought that was clear. Apparently, it wasn't.


The woman snipped and snipped and snipped. I had to tell her twice she wasn't doing what I wanted. "Oh, I fix it, I fix it." I gritted my teeth and let her continue (I should have stopped her right then!!!). She kept snipping away, and when she said she was done, I looked in the mirror and I was absolutely HORRIFIED. It was a blunt cut almost up to my ears in front and the back was chunky in all the wrong places!!! I looked somewhere between a 3-year old who got a hold of the scissors and Britney Spears! It was the World's Worst Haircut!!!




Well, I just started crying my eyes out!!!! "This isn't what I wanted, this isn't what I asked you to do!" over and over again. "Oh. I fix it," she said, "I fix it. Just sit. Give me more time. I cut more. I fix it for you."



Fix it? No way jose! Not a chance! I stood up, pulled the cape off and said through my tears, "I think you've done enough. I'm sorry, but this is a really bad haircut. I have to go." I walked up to the front and the gal at the desk just said, "no charge, no charge..." I thanked her and walked out bawling.



I came across another salon, walked in, tears streaming down my face. The lady took one look at me and said, "Oh honey. Don't worry. I'll fix it for you." (it was that bad!!!) And she did what she could with it. And it actually turned out kind of cute...
(my crew - Summer, Danni, me)




Now the challenges are: what to do with/how to style short hair, how not to eat it when it falls in my face, and how to get people to recognize me (especially when I don't even recognize myself when I look in the mirror!!!!)



It was a drama-filled and emotional day... but I survived my haircut from you-know-where. And the best part? It will grow back... in approximately three years, ten months and twenty-eight days!!




p.s. Here is a photo of Mrs. Getty, Gabi and I (w/ my new do). And no, they didn't recognize me, either!!!! But how fitting to bump into them in the San Francisco Airport. Hannah, where are you?!?!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mandagirl said...

So funny!! Everyone needs a hair cute like that. Although, I can't really tell how bad it is in the photo. We need a side shot and a back shot. Hummm... Looks like fun. XOXOX

3:33 PM  
Blogger Jen Lee said...

You never cease to amaze me~ always finding new and different ways to serve people!

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home